Pirate Power Machine
- Find the Pirate Power machine in the Photocopier room on the the 1st floor of Harvey Library.
- Add money to your Pirate Power card (HU ID) at this machine or use the machine in the University Administration Building.
- Transfer money from a credit card to your Pirate Power Card.
- Purchase a guest user card for $2, if you are not a student, faculty, or staff member.
Bill Exchange Machine
- Find the bill exchange machine in the Photocopier room on the the 1st floor of Harvey Library.
- Receive $1 bills in exchange for a $5, $10, or $20.
- The machine does not provide any change in coins.
- If you discover that the machine is out of order, please notify the library administration office.
- Located on the first floor of the Harvey Library
- To reserve the Conference Room, call Library Administration Office at 757.727.5371
- Located in the foyer/atrium of the Harvey Library
- To reserve the Meeting Room, call Library Administration Office at 757.727.5371
Harvey Library Classroom
- Log in to library computers with your Hampton University Infotech Account.
- Log off of your account when you have finished.
- Visitors obtain temporary guest passwords from the Circulation Desk. Guest passwords expire at the end of each day.
- Find Internet stations (Dell PC) on the 1st and 2nd floors and wireless Internet access throughout the library.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Use of the computers is governed by the University's policy on computing use.
- Find additional internet access in the ATM and in various computer labs located around campus.
- Network printers are available near the Internet stations.
- Black and white prints cost $0.05 and color prints cost $0.50.
- There are 2 flatbed scanner stations available: one in the 1st Floor Copier Room and another in the 2nd Floor Periodicals Dept.
- Log in with your Infotech Account to use the scanner.
- Save or export your scanned documents to a USB drive, cloud storage service, or email account.
- The Harvey Library provides access to photocopiers on floors 1, 2, and 3.
- Copiers print in black and white with the exception of one color copier located in the 1st floor photocopy room. Use your Pirate Power Card to purchase copies.
- Black and White Copies are $0.10 and color copies are $1.00.
Group Study Rooms
- 11 rooms that hold about 6 - 8 people
- Located on the 1st, 3rd and 4th floors
- Available on a first come, first served basis
24 hr Study Room
- Open throughout the year with the exception of breaks and holidays when the library is closed
- Enter the 24-hour study room at the front of the building to the right of the main library entrance
- Individual carrels and 3 group study rooms
- Internet access for patrons with laptop computers and mobile devices
- Swipe your HU ID card for entrance to the 24-Hour Study
- 2 Multimedia Group Study Rooms
- Located on the 2nd floor
- Desktop computers with widescreen monitors and DVD players
- Ph: 757.727.2009
- Located in 1st floor Atrium
Lost and Found
- Items found in the Harvey Library may be taken to the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor.
- Patrons looking for lost items may inquire at the Circulation Desk at 757.727.5372.
- Ph: 757.727.5666
- Located in Whipple Barn