Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are Citation Management Tools?
Use a citation management software to do the following:
- Help you manage your references:journal articles, books, web pages, images, quotations, etc
- Collect your citations.
- Organize your citations in files according to your needs.
- Store and manage these references in searchable folders
- Generate citations and bibliographies in the citation style you choose.
- Cite your sources in-text while writing.
Free Citation Managers
WARNING: We cannot fully guarantee the accuracy of citations generated by these sites.
It is highly recommended that you verify the accuracy of any citations produced by these tools using the citation style's official manual.
RefWorks is a free citation engine that allows you to input your references and convert to the style you want to cite. RefWorks has been updated to include APA 7th edition. You must create an account to use the system.
It can be accessed through Summon or at https://refworks.proquest.com/